Some time ago I mentioned an extension we had developed internally for Magento that we use for all our analytics and conversion tracking goodness and I promised to release it. A couple of people have reminded me lately of that, so I have packaged it up and provided it for download in the RMG labs.
Conversion Tracking Plus Extension
The extension can be installed simply by uploading the unzipped contents to your root Magento directory and going to the main configuration page under: System…Configuration, selecting Red Monkey Goo from the menu on the left then entering the required details.
It should work fine for any versions from Magento Community Edition 1.6 and up, though it has only been tested in Magento Community Edition 1.8 and up, any issues let us know.
It currently can be used to manage:
- Google Analytics Tracking Code (inserts the GATC itself and allows configuration of Demographics and Interest Reports, Enhanced Link Attribution to match your Google Analytics Account Settings)
- Google eCommerce Tracking (inserts the order information tracking code with relevant order details on the success page when a successful purchase has been made)
- Shopping Affilicate Conversion Codes for Shopbot, GetPrice, MyShopping.com.au and au.shopping.com (inserts the order information tracking code with relevant order details on the success page when a successful purchase has been made)
- Visual Website Optimizer Tracking (inserts tracking code and allows configuration of the script)
- Visual Website Optimizer Conversion Tracking (inserts the revenue tracking code with relevant order details on the success page when a successful purchase has been made. Also allows a custom conversion goal ID to be added to ensure conversion on the success page are tracked. For some reason using VWO with Magento we have always had to do this to ensure we get reliable data for conversions based on a purchase)
- Optimizely Tracking (inserts tracking code)
- Optimizely Conversion Tracking (inserts revenue tracking code and configurable event name along with ability to automatically add Purchase Goal Event on the success page)
Please let us know if you find the extension useful or if you have any other products you believe should be added to the options in the backend. CrazyEgg is one that comes to mind right away, let us know if you have others?
So for a full run down on the scripts and a link to the SQL itself visit the Magento Conversion Tracking Plus Extension